Saturday, December 23, 2006

I'm Just Loving My New Template ...

Aren't you?

It is courtesy of Zoe at Chic&Sassy Designs. This is her "Spirit of Christmas" gift to the first to ask for it. When I first saw it, I fell in love with it, then noticed it was listed as "sold". I was so disappointed! However, I placed a comment anyway.

I decided to visit it again to moon longingly over it, then noticed the "sold" sign was gone and it was listed as "available". I placed another comment asking Zoe for clarification.

It turns out that the first person who requested it, decided to switch to Wordpress. (Works for me.)

Even more than that though, I'm noticing a trend lately. In days of old, if I wanted something and it even appeared to be unreachable ... I'd back off and think, Oh well.

However, lately, I'm noticing that that instinctive back off behavior, isn't always the end of it. Sometimes, I've been drawn to approach things from another angle or just ask a simple question, as I did with this template, and things turn around in my favor. I ought not to be too surprised, I guess. It is a Biblical principle. God says that we have not, because we ask not. I've been asking more lately and been receiving more lately.

So then the question comes down to ... all the other things I don't have ... have I not asked for them, are they not for me, have I not been asking the correct question or is it not yet time?

Okay ... Denzel Washington ... I get. He's someone else's husband so that's really not going to be answered ... LOL.

So I guess what I'm realizing is that obstacles are not necessarily bad things. Sometimes they may serve to deter me from something that's not good for me. Sometimes they may serve to build my character as I work up the courage to go for what I want. I just need to get my thought pattern tuned into the FSHG (Father Son and Holy Ghost) Network, so that I can discern which it is.

As we can clearly see by the reason we celebrate this season, the birth of Emmanuel (God with us) despite what we may feel or see God wants the best for us! "

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him". (1 Corinthians 2:9) (Entire Chapter)
Peace,
Dee

No comments: